We are seeking expressions of interest from talented musicians to provide entertainment at the MHM Launch Carnival Event and to put a swing-in-the-step of patrons at the Mental Health & Wellbeing Expo in Garema Place, as part of Mental Health Month 2018. If you are a local musician or busker with an interest in mental health issues we'd love to hear from you!
Details & requirements:
- We're looking for ab upbeat/funky/soulful/spirited/jazzy style of music! Musicians will be able to play in front of large crowds with minimal kit (sorry - we cannot provide electricity, sound or stage equipment).
- You can be a solo performer or a small group.
- You must be available on Friday 5 October between 4:30pm - 6:30pm &/or Thursday 11 October between 11:00am - 2:00pm for at least an hour
- If you are a singer-songwriter who can sing about your own personal lived experience of mental illness, that is a bonus!
- Your song lyrics must be family-friendly: G-rated verses and expletive-free chorals only please.
*This is an unpaid volunteering opportunity*
If you or someone you know might be interested, please complete the Buskers/Musicians Expression of Interest Form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Music for Mental Health Month.